Below is a list of Magic Johnson Quotes. Click on a quote to open an image with the quote and the author.
- I’m proudest of my life off the court. There will always be great basketball players who bounce that little round ball, but my proudest moments are affecting people’s lives, effecting change, being a role model in the community.
- You don’t have to be Magic to be special. You’re already special, you’re you.
- Everybody on a championship team doesn’t get publicity, but everyone can say he’s a champion.
- Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates.
- There’s winning and there’s losing, and in life you have to know they both will happen. But what’s never been acceptable to me is quitting.
- You’re the only one who can make the difference. Whatever your dream is, go for it.
- I’m a big believer in dreaming. If you don’t dream it, you can’t become it.
- I’m at peace with myself. The main thing is not letting people dictate what I do or what I am.
- Manhood is taking care of your family and being able to bless other people. Not yourself – but whether you can bless other people.
- I am and will always be a Laker for life.
- Any guy who can maintain a positive attitude without much playing time earns my respect.
- I never think that there’s something I can’t do, whether it’s beating my opponent one on one or practicing another hour because something about my game is just not right.
- When you face a crisis, you know who your true friends are.
- If the community is happy, then they support your business and if your business is doing well, then you can give back even more to the community.
- I was around when my father finished the last payment of his house. I remember like it was yesterday. He had worked all those years to own that house and he cried. He was so excited and so happy and I want to see other people get that feeling, too.
These are all the Magic Johnson quotes we have on site. Please feel free to submit using the Contact Us page or visit our homepage to view basketball quotes from other individuals such as Michael Jordan, John Wooden, Larry Bird etc.
Below is a quote about Magic Johnson taken from NBA.com:
“I don’t think there will ever be another 6’9” point guard who smiles while he humiliates you.”
–James Worthy, on longtime Lakers teammate Magic Johnson